NOTE - NEW COURSES IN JULY 2018. REGISTER INTEREST HERE
Welcome to the Woody's Ukulele School
Here you will find information about the upcoming 8-week ukulele course for kids and parents, including a course overview.
PLease Note: Ukuleles are not provided. Bulk purchasing options are available to participants. Email us for more info!
Venue: Healesville Living and Learning Centre
Dates: Commencing on Tuesday July 18th, the course will run on consequctive Tuesdays until Sept 19th
Times: 4.30 pm to 5.15 pm - Children 5-8 years and parents/guardians essential.
Booking through Healesville Living and Learning Centre Website: HERE
Note: Spaces limited
Woody’s 8-week course enables families to learn basic skills and knowledge in a supportive and engaging environment. This program is pitched at families (children 5-12 years and their parents/guardians). Woody’s philosophy is centred around family music participation and integrating music sharing in the family home. Woody utilises musical games and group participation as a core element of the classes. At the end of the 8-week course participants should be able to:
• Tune the ukulele
• Hold the ukulele in the correct manner
• Engage in basic strumming patterns
• Show an understanding of pitch, dynamics, melody and rhythm
• Play simple chord patterns on the fret board
• Be able to sing a simple tune while strumming
• Develop a repertoire of ukulele songs
• Participate in /experience musical games and activities
• Be able to play in a group ensemble setting
• Be able to perform a piece to/with the class